Pages

Wednesday 20 July 2016

Book Club: Giovanna Fletcher - Dream a little Dream

Blurb

Sarah is doing just fine...

Sure, she's been single for the last two years, and has to spend an uncomfortable amount of time around her ex-boyfriend, his perfect new girlfriend and all their mutual friends.  And yes, her job as a PA to one of the most disgusting men in London is mind-numbingly tedious and her career is a constant disappointment to her mother.  But it's really okay.  She's happy(ish).

So it's not surprising that when Sarah starts dreaming about a handsome stranger, she begins to look forward to falling asleep every night.  Reality isn't nearly as exciting.  That is until her dream-stranger makes an unexpected real-life appearance, leaving Sarah questioning everything she thought she wanted.

Because no one ever really finds the person of their dreams...do they?




What I thought

Loved this.  Such an unusual idea for a story but it works brilliantly, I particularly liked how the dream sequences flowed seamlessly with the rest of the story.  Sometimes it was difficult to tell what was a dream and what was reality, which all added to the books charm.  The characters were all warm & relateable - something I've found with most of the people in Giovanna's books.  I tried to take my time reading this, instead of flying through it as I usually do but I ended up finishing it in a day anyway - it's just too good people!  I highly recommend giving this a read, it's perfect to relax with by the pool or on the beach but also offers the perfect escape which is handy if, like me you're in the middle of a typical Scottish summer!  It's so easy to become completely immersed in Sarah's world & forget everything that's happening around you - ideal when it's bucketing down outside!  Dream a little Dream is definitely a new favourite of  mine & I'm going to see if I can get my hands on a copy of the novella - Dream a little Christmas Dream simply because I'm not ready for the story to end! 

Definitely add this to your summer reading list!


Next on my list

You're the one that I want by Giovanna Fletcher

I'm quickly working my way through all of Gi's books and am loving them all so far so can't wait to see what this one has in store for me!

Any recommendations for what I should read once I've finished all 4 of Giovanna Fletchers' books?  Comment below or follow me on instagram @lifeinthegingerlane I'd love to hear from you!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment